» Overview of Programs
Overview of Programs
- Mindfulness for Youth. Teaching youth mindfulness and compassion.
- Community Education Program. Meditation classes are held periodically with the Boise Community Education Program.
- Prison Program. Meditation and teachings at the Idaho Correctional Center.
- University Connections. Assisting the College of Idaho with a mindfulness research project.
Within 1 year:
- Education: ACT for Youth – awareness,compassion, and training in mindfulness. Expand connection to universities.
- Spiritual Film Festival: Bring spiritual films to Boise to heighten awareness.
- Prison: Packet of exit materials for Juvenile Detention Center, Videos to Prison, Book sharing program with prison.
Within 2 years:
- Compassionate Boise- Start the planning process for a Compassionate City Campaign.
- Education: Healing the Heart for Teachers- supporting teachers with compassion.
- Business: Facilitate training in mindfulness and compassion.
- Prison- Expand prisons program to include Juvenile Detention Centers by training facilitators.
Within 3 years:
- Building: Purchase a building which will accommodate all the programs and initiatives as proposed.
- Charter of Compassion: Designation by the Compassion Action Network International Compassion/Charter for Compassion in collaboration with other organizations and institutions to establish regular programs to enhance awareness and participation in compassion activities.
- Online: Expand online offerings; make audio and video recordings available for download. User friendly website.
- Rent Space to others at a reasonable rate for events that fall in line with our mission.
- Compassionate Boise designation.
- Workshops: Guest speakers to Idaho who are working in the field of compassion and compassion research, multimedia art workshops based on compassion & insight, Guest Teachers, Five day summer retreat.