Our Mission is to be an incubator for bringing compassion and insight into action in the lives of individuals.
Our Vision is to make the world a more compassionate place through training and insight.
We are an all volunteer organization dedicated to helping others realize their innate compassion and making positive changes in their lives. Our hope is that this will improve their lives and make Boise a better place for everyone to live, work and build their future.
We currently provide opportunities for cultivating compassion through mindfulness classes, workshops, and, guest speakers.We are in the beginning stages of partnering with the Charter for Compassion and establishing Boise as a compassion city as defined by Compassionate Action Network International.
We will provide education, resources, training, and support to individuals in schools, prisons, the workplace, and the community to help individuals uncover their innate compassion and wisdom.
Benefits of a Compassion and Insight Center:
- Increase in love, kindness, compassion, happiness, and well-being in individuals.
- Inspire others to commit to bringing compassion into the world.
- Bring warm-heartedness to human interaction.
- Calmer minds, open hearts, and generous human beings to benefit others.
- Increased cooperation, creativity, and initiative in individuals.
- Passionate concern for the greater good.
- Increase in individual self-knowledge, self- mastery, and wisdom.
The Compassion & Insight Center is a place where:
- The seeds of compassion are watered in youth and adults.
- Initiatives and programs are developed and implemented to deepen compassion in our community.
- Those in the field of compassion research and training can share their insights through retreats, workshops, and seminars.
- Those in the community can share in deepening compassion through art, dance, retreats, and other programs.
- People can meet with teachings that can transform their lives.
- Individuals can become more mindful and compassionate.
We are currently sharing space, but we are working towards purchasing a building within the next 3 years which will allow for program expansion and will give the community a space for developing innovate programs based on the values of compassion and kindness.